There are the inevitable: Castle Amboise, Chenonceau, Chinon, Chambord, Azay le Rideau, Ussé .....
and then there are our favorites:
- Castle Cheverny whose interior decoration restores the intact charm of the seventeenth century (54 km), the castle of Tintin, the soup of dogs at 11:30.
- Château Gaillard in Amboise (first orange trees in France), newly restored castle.
- Château de Villandry and its incredible gardens.
- Classical Music Festival of the Meslay Barn in June (12 km)
- Montlouis sur Loire Jazz Festival in September
- Garden Festival of Chaumont sur Loire
- Tomato Festival at La Bourdaisière (September)
- Appointment in the vineyards at Chançay (book on: +33 6 52 16 97 07)
- cellars of Sylvain Gaudron (Vernou-sur-Brenne)
- caves Cathelineau where the harvest is still done by hand (Chançay) ....